Lotus' SPD Application

Lotus

OOC Section

IGN:

The account I will be using for SPD is BraavosRp (This IGN is going to be changed to SunflowerRp when the 30 day limit is up.)

Discord:

Lotus#5332

Timezone:

Eastern Standard Timezone (EST) Though, I am more of a night owl, staying up in the late/early AMs.

Any previous bans/warns?

None.

Describe your current level of activity on the server:

My activity on the server would be a solid 8 or 9, playing around 40-60 hours per week. I have a very flexible schedule with being in college online oocly. I am able to complete my college courses whenever I wish as well as hop online as much as I wish. I find a great joy in roleplay scenarios, creating characters as well as developing friendships. Roleplay servers have always been a part of my life ever since I bought minecraft for PC in 2012. My activity on the server will not decrease but will only increase with this role.

Do you have access to a microphone?

Yes, I do!

Do you have any previous experience with police work?

I do not have any icly experience with having a police role, though I have ridden along with KPD on SRP quite a lot due to icly family and relationships with people a part of the faction. I have seen and experienced first hand different scenarios within PD, how they do their job and what priorities come into play.

Do you have any experience with CombatRP?

I do! I have almost a year of combat roleplay experience with the various gangrp scenarios and communities I have either ran myself or been a part of. I have a good understanding of all the current rules for combatrp on SeoulRP and am confident in my detailRP and general experience within CombatRP.

What motivates you to join SPD?

I have always had a little spark in my heart for police work, even in real life. My grandfather was a police officer his entire life and my older brother is at this very moment. I have ridden along with them in my oocly life as well as been present during their story tellings of their adventures as PD officers. I have a personal love and aspiration for police officer and the work they do, how they put their lives in the hands of their job and their fellow brothers and sisters in arms. I wish to be the role of SPD due to my love and curiosity for PD, since I won't be able to do it in real life due to multiple oocly factors that limit my ability to be active, and my personal passion leaning more towards studying the behavior of animals which is what I am currently studying in college. Though, this role seems like an amazing opportunity for me to try another aspect of roleplay as well as get that little spark fulfilled within my heart.

IC Information

Character name:

Hyun Choi

Character age:

Nationality:

Korean

Preferred pronouns:

He/Him, Cisgender Male

What motivates your character to join the force?

Hyun grew up with a strict, military father who had always implemented the ideas of combat, honor and teamwork into his brain growing up. Hyun grew to be a very organized, stern but sweet male who has always had a passion for helping people. He served in the Korean military from the ages of 18 to 22 and has since missed the calling to action since he retired after 4 years of service. He decided to go back to school and study criminal justice, graduating with a bachelors degree and a new calling.

Is your character familiar with self-defense?

Yes, Hyun is very familiar with self-defense techniques and has quite of bit of intense experience due to the trainings of the Korean Army.

How well does your character work with others?

Hyun works very well with a team. He is the follow quietly, strong and silent type. He learned in the field, if you do not put trust in and depend on your partners, you may die or be in serious danger. He understands teamwork is extremely important, necessary for these types of jobs.

Is your character independent or a team player?

My character is both. In the Korean military, Hyun was thrown into both types of situations- alone or with a team- learning survival tips for both scenarios.

What makes your character unique

Hyun is the strong and silent type, a very sweet and understanding man out of uniform but also a stern, dedicated man in uniform. He physically stands out with his muscular body as well as the blue faded to green dyed hair he grew out after having it buzzed in the military. He has piecing blue eyes as well as a tall frame, standing at 6'2.

Backstory [100+ words]

Hyun grew up in a military household, moving from state to state, wherever his father was stationed at the time. Being a single father, Hyun's dad was strict to Hyun but it was all out of love for his son. He showed Hyun how to shoot, fight and more importantly, survive. Hyun dedicated his life to the military when he turned 18, joining the army force for four years of his life. He never personally fought in a war, but he had intense training several times a day involving various scenarios. Upon turning 22, Hyun was released from his military contract and was given a honorary discharge. He moved back in with his father in one of many childhood homes, though he felt a certain loss in his heart over the first year of being home. Hyun strived to serve his country and knew that was his calling and he wasn't finished. Hyun applied for community college and was enrolled as a criminal justice major when he was 23. Studying hard for four ears, Hyun earned his bachelors degree and soon after, at the age of 26, applied for Seoul Police Department, where he could find his next calling.

Level of education [Associates, Bachelor, Masters, etc.]

Bachelors Degree in Criminal Justice

Scenarios

If charged by an armed delinquent, how should you react?

Hyun would get ready first in a defensive stance, one hand resting on top of his own weapon, his other at his side with his feet shoulder width apart and firmly planted. Knowing this delinquent was quick, he would access the general build, weight and height of the delinquent as quickly as he could as well as studying the weapon the delinquent was armed with. After gathering this information, he quickly calculated his plan of action as the delinquent reached him. Hyun would react fast in self-defense, taking a risk by taking his hand off his weapon, he would grab the delinquent's wrist and twist it over their own arm in attempt for them to drop the weapon. Hyun would then swiftly slide his leg out from underneath him and kick the legs out from underneath the delinquent, smoothly throwing his body on top of the delinquent and kicking the weapon out of reach before grabbing his cuffs.

While you are at the station, another officer sends out a distress signal. What do you do?

Even in the worst situations, you need to think calmly and logically, going back to your trainings. If Hyun got a distress signal from another officer on patrol, he would work quickly at gathering at least one other officer before heading to the scene. Working alongside other officers, even if they aren't needed, is more ideal than being alone. Though, if no other officer was available, Hyun wouldn't hesitate to head out on his own, even if it's less ideal. You never leave a brother or sister in arms alone to defend themselves.

You are surrounded by several armed individuals, how do you react?

Hyun would take a defensive stance, eyeing the individuals around him. He would calculate their builds, heights and weights against his own as well as study each weapon they had. If able, he would reach for his radio and sent a quick distress signal for backup before proceeding to pull out his gun and prepare for the worst. If any armed individual charged at him, he wouldn't have time to enact any self-defense techniques before another would jump him from any direction. He would have to shoot and pray.

You believe a higher up officer is abusing their power, what do you do?

Hyun wouldn't directly approach the higher-up officer himself, but rather bring his concerns to the higher-up officer's superior for a report. Though, if the higher-up officer was of the highest ranking, Hyun would take it upon himself to attempt a conversation with this officer. He would approach them in a calm, polite manner, using formalities when speaking to them. Hyun would be direct and get to the point with his concerns, but remain polite, not suggestive nor demanding in hopes the officer would recognize their behavior and attempt to fix it without needing any further actions from Hyun or any other officer.

Edited by Lotus
  • Like 4

image.thumb.jpeg.3aab4da009e933525e1f5e094c4020fd.jpeg