Jadeshl

Discord [ex. Peanut#4270]:

Jadeshl#7429

Time zone:

CST

Any previous bans/warns?

None

Describe your current level of activity on the server:

I would describe my activity on the server to be very active. I am on almost every day with exceptions for extreme events. The amount of time I spend on the server ranges to about 6-8 hours a day. My schedule is extremely flexible due to most of my classes being online so I can be online when needed. I am on late at night and early mornings as well.

Do you have access to a microphone?

Yes

Do you have any previous experience with police work?

I do not have any previous experience with police work, but I would like to say that I am very knowledgeable about Police work and what it entails.

Do you have any experience with CombatRP?

Yes I do!

What motivates you to apply for SPD?

Out of character, I am a Criminal Justice Major and have always seen myself doing some sort of law enforcement. I study laws daily both for my state and federal laws. I have an interest in police work and possibly pursuing it for a possible career path.

IC information:

Character name:

Yui Aki Ryn

Character age:

Nationality:

Japanese | Puerto Rican

Preferred pronouns:

She/Her

What motivates your character to join the force?

Yui has been surrounded by criminal activity her entire life. She was born into it, and it almost killed her. She has spent her college years just trying to live and survive in a dangerous city where it seemed like someone was dying every week. Most of her family was sucked into criminal activity and so she has a deep understanding in Criminal activity and wants to make a better life choice and better herself.

Is your character familiar with self-defense?

Yui is very familiar with self-defense. She has had to use self-defense before when she was young in order to escape her father from killing her. 

How well does your character work with others?

Yui would work well with others. She is very kind to people she must work with and will do whatever it is to make it work. She has her moments, as everyone does, where she will get annoyed with someone, but she will mainly keep it to herself and not go out of her way to cause issues and drama in the workplace.

Is your character independent or a team player?

I would say that Yui is definitely a team player. When she was younger, she was very independent but as she got older, she had learned that she can’t do everything herself. She has learned that everything works better in a team than failing multiple times by herself.

What makes your character unique?

What makes Yui physically unique is that she has partial albinism giving her purple eyes and patches of white hair. Personality wise, she had former anger issues and is able to control herself from lashing out on a criminal, coworker or higher up. I would also say she is also very understanding and kind towards most people.

Backstory [100+ words]

Yui was born in Karakura, Japan. Her parents were Mae I. Shinigami & Mochi Ryn. She was born into a crime family along with her cousin, Takida. They spent part of their life in Karakura and soon her family moved to Seoul. In Seoul, things took a turn for the worse. Her mother had some mental issues due to past trauma before she was born but completely lost it during the move. Her mother and father broke off their engagement and her mother was taken away to a mental facility for treatment. Her father, however, went insane as well. He was actively hunting and trying to kill Yui during her teenage years in Seoul. Yui’s Aunt & several cousins fled Korea and back to Japan, leaving Yui, believing her to be dead. 

About a year or two later, Yui’s Cousin Kai, went searching for Yui believing she was still alive. She found Yui in an abandoned apartment that was owned by her mother’s friend, Raya. Yui gave Kai the rundown of why she couldn’t get out and to Japan. They devised a plan to kill her father once and for all. With her father out of the way, Yui was able to go back to Japan and continue her education in Criminal Justice & Law Enforcement. She completed College with a Ph.D. in Legal Studies. 

After completing college, Yui decided to travel back to Korea and follow a new path in Police work. Making a better difference in her life and the city where she almost perished in.

Level of education [Associates, Bachelors, Masters, etc.]

Bachelor’s of Science in Criminal Justice

Masters of Art in Legal Studies 

Ph.D in Legal Studies

Scenarios:

If charged by an armed delinquent, how should you react?

If I was charged by an armed delinquent, The most ideal situation would be that I would do my best to get myself out of the situation and radio for backup. Worst Case scenario would be that I would have to use force and/or have to Taze the delinquent in order to save my life.

While you are at the station, another officer sends out a distress signal. What do you do?

If I got a distress call while I am at the station, I would ask for the location if it wasn’t given and then proceed to go to the area and help out my fellow officer. 

You are surrounded by several armed individuals; how do you react?

I would examine my surroundings and see if there was an area I could run too. If so, I would shove the individual in front of me into the person on my right with my right arm. Creating an open, I would dash through and take myself somewhere semi safe with no civilians and radio for help. 

You believe a higher up officer is abusing their power, what do you do?

If I believed a higher up was abusing their power, I would write an anonymous report to their Higher up. If they do not have a higher up, I would write an anonymous report to the Mayor of Seoul informing them of the corruption and abuse of power happening in the system that needs to be fixed. I would still try to be better if the reports didn’t work and be an example for young cadets to follow.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...