DominoEffectzz | Culinary Professor Application

MiuLols

Out-Of-Character Information

What is your username?:
DominoEffectzz

Discord:
Satan#4979

Do you have a microphone?: 
Yes, I have a microphone, but I often don't speak or seem silent.

How old are you? (Optional): 

What is your time zone?: 
EST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive, you will be demoted?:
 Yes, I acknowledge this.

Describe your activity on the server:
I used to be active when the beta was out but have been off discord and roleplay servers. I started being more active within the discord, which ended up being more active, just not to the point I'd be on for six on discord for hours a day. Follow me decrease or increase depending on the day. I try to frequently check on the active forms along with the discord even though it might not show that I do; I often try to look and see if there's any news or added or will be morally out there for me to read and to get more hooked on within the server. 

Do you have any previous bans?:
 N/A, I had no previous bans in general.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
https://seoulrp.com/topic/419-kifune-cafe-business-owner-application/#comment-851
https://seoulrp.com/topic/268-italian-and-french-app/#comment-551
https://seoulrp.com/topic/234-adult-app/#comment-448
https://seoulrp.com/topic/219-hospital-nurse-app/#comment-420
https://seoulrp.com/topic/211-russian-app/#comment-409
https://seoulrp.com/topic/167-teacher-app/#comment-326
https://seoulrp.com/topic/475-writing-team-app/#comment-1021

https://seoulrp.com/topic/471-ksl-momrp/#comment-1013 [Applied, not reviewed due to server not released yet]

What is your current role(s) on the server?:
Adult, Shopkeeper, Teacher[Applying to be prof. on this acc], and Medical examiner [EMS]

What experiences do you have in roleplay?:
I have many experiences in roleplay in general; this is because I mostly have been doing many things within factions of roleplay relating roles. I have been roleplaying for 6+ years now. However, it is around 4+ years over Minecraft to the ability of my knowledge within this. In Minecraft servers, I have applied for spots in applications like this, and I know how different servers work in the sense of jobs and how they change within policies. I, over time, adapted to the change and got used to it, gaining knowledge of different things. I have been 'detailrping' for a while, which within text roleplays is just me saying I have literate to novella roleplay styles within their terms.

»»————- ⚜ ————-««
In-Character Information

Full Name (First & Last only):
Aera Janggok

Preferred Name:
Ara

Age (Minimum is 25):

Nationality:
Korean

Academic Degree:
Masters

Major(s):
Culinary Arts, Professional cooking, and hospitality management.

Minor(s):
Health Care Administration, Business, Food Science, and Nutrition

Language(s):
Korean

What subject are you applying to teach?:
Culinary

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?:
My motivation is simple: I want to help other students who may struggle to survive and sustain themselves. It may be simple, but they generally deserve knowledge no matter how long it may take or if they just learned the subject. I should mentor my younger students in their education and form bonds with them. It's a good idea, as students often grow and feel confused about the 'right' thing to do and go for the most questionable way. Students need to feel safe with their teacher with bonds and not just empty hallow relationships demanding respect. I want to help my possible students to the best of my abilities.

As a professor, what are the rules you would enforce when being in a class?:
Rules are something, in general, people would enforce while on the first day in school, though the main ones would be to not mess with the ovens or start food fights; if a food fight happens, then it's on the students and not the professor or other employees in the room. Failure to comply with these rules and the risk of them gaining detention to clean up the classroom all day and ensure there's no food left behind as having straight up. Another is to ensure that they're doing their work and not fooling around and messing with things they're not supposed to. If they finished, I would be okay if they disturbed another student with their commotion while working on the lesson. 

Backstory: 
My motivation is simple: I want to help other students who may struggle to survive and sustain themselves. It may be simple, but they generally deserve knowledge no matter how long it may take or if they just learned the subject. I should mentor my younger students in their education and form bonds with them. It's a good idea, as students often grow and feel confused about the 'right' thing to do and go for the most questionable way. Students need to feel safe with their teacher with bonds and not just empty hallow relationships demanding respect. I want to help my possible students to the best of my abilities.

As a professor, what are the rules you would enforce when being in a class?:
Rules are something, in general, people would enforce while on the first day in school, though the main ones would be to not mess with the ovens or start food fights; if a food fight happens, then it's on the students and not the professor or other employees in the room. Failure to comply with these rules and the risk of them gaining detention to clean up the classroom all day and ensure there's no food left behind as having straight up. Another is to ensure that they're doing their work and not fooling around and messing with things they're not supposed to. If they finished, I would be okay if they disturbed another student with their commotion while working on the lesson. 

Backstory: (Minimum 200 Words)
Childhood to Teenage years.
Aera Janggok, who goes by Ara in general, was born in Naju-si. Naju is quite large; the urban areas are surprisingly small. Like her parents, Aera was born in more of a city-like area than the urban one. Even though she had a somewhat better life than her parents, they often brought their old practices into her childhood, making other kids think she was odd and had an older vocabulary than the kids around her age. She was born into the middle working class and wasn't exactly settled into one area as her parents used to be lower class before the move. Aera often tries to help her parents in small ways by studying more and getting good grades, but she thinks it isn't enough as they're still struggling to keep finances for paying bills due to the change of area they are in not adapting so well to it.

When Ara reached middle school, she got used to the surroundings she newly went to and started making friends; she was always intrigued with the idea of cooking classes which is often never brought into the educational value in her schools. Ara wanted to know how to cook things adequately so one day she could make food in her adulthood. She got so interested she joined clubs relating to it and even asked her parents how to cook the food they made for her along with what they learned of family recipes, yearning for more knowledge. Ara, over time, had gotten the knowledge in general and got herself into more of studying on the subject within cookbooks and practiced baked goods. It got to the point she'd make a profit within the school by selling off baked goods or meals she made beforehand for extra money. Ara did the same in High school though later on, she even got herself into a Culinary class and attended it. She wanted to learn tips and new things. Her teacher had inspired her to be a teaching instructor as cooking can bring the hidden talents and skills students may never have gotten out of them. It got to the point where she wanted to be just like her teacher. Who tries to be understanding yet cheerful to be at school instead of a robotic emotional teacher who just lectures and doesn't try to get involved in the student's life, even though she studies within those subjects. It doesn't feel like she is that close to the teacher to express her general concerns about her grades or personal things. 

High School Graduation to College Graduation
Before graduation, she didn't think much about what she wanted to do. Aera wanted to do something similar to her passion; however, she wanted to avoid dealing with business and being a chef within a restaurant of sorts. With the help of her teachers and her parents, she realized she could be a teacher who teaches Culinary like her own after many thoughts on it. She did want to instruct other people and teach them about health and nutrition, somewhat similar to her teacher, but to an older general of students as it's an arduous process to have people settle down long enough to listen or act mature on it. Aera got the idea of doing it and applied to many colleges, getting into Le Cordon Bleu-Sookmyung Academy, one of the colleges she wanted to go into due to the description of the campus. Le Cordon Bleu has been the top cooking school in the world for over 100 years, which made her feel like her being included would be a good idea in general for her to keep reaching out and for the dream, she wanted to go with. Luckily her GPA was high, and she got offered a scholarship to the school; she did side jobs for essentials she needed in general, which are the main ingredients for her to cook for herself as pastries from classes wouldn't be so healthy on her. Along with renting a place near the campus and buying herself other books she wanted to study ahead of time before exams.

Aera didn't socialize much while in college as she was too focused on graduating; it took her four years to complete her master's due to the field of study and how many classes she had willingly taken per year. Within her last and senior year, she relaxed, knowing she would graduate with how much work she had done in general. She started to be more open with other people and her classmates, helping and tutoring them during the meals they didn't know what to do with fixing up their meals, decoration, and flavoring in general. Aera tutored them well and communicated with them on what to fix with reasoning, intending to aid them in getting better grades and success by graduating with their majors. She wanted to help and teach more, so once she graduated college, she looked for jobs to possibly partake in helping others along the way, making strong bonds with them.

»»————- ⚜ ————-««
Role Play Scenarios:

What would you do if a group of students wasn't behaving within the school grounds?
 Aera would approach the students and ask why they're not behaving within school grounds, then ask why they are misbehaving. If it were a misunderstanding, she'd walk off after apologizing. If it were something she didn't misunderstand and kept acting up, she would give them three warnings before giving them detention. She prefers for people to have a chance to change their actions. Of course, Ara would tell them what they did was wrong and explain how it is not the best to do within the school grounds and advise them not to do it again.

What would you do if a student isn't being respectful or forceful to another?
(Within her class)
Ara would ask the student to be respectful, as respect goes both ways and should be that way. If they deny doing so, she will start to be more strict on the situation by telling them to be not so respectful, and how if they're a person of some age, they should know better and know that it's a bad thing to do towards another. Ara doesn't want any bullying environment in her classroom and will quickly shut it down. After three warnings of her saying to quit it, she'll end it by saying to see her after school for detention.

(On school grounds)
Though her behavior would be more strict on school grounds, she would first ask the situation to take the story or reasoning behind them being respectful and forceful to one another. If their reasoning isn't so rational, she will scold them on their behavior, say they shouldn't act like that to their peers and comment how she's disappointed in students who take others down even though there is no reasoning to excuse them. She'd take them to private and give them detention with the reasoning after explaining how horrible it is to do to someone else. Ara would then attend to the other student who was the victim and ask if they were okay, along with if they needed anything while she was there for them to give her more incite on what happened to give the proper punishment.

What would you do if another School Employee is doing something hazardous?
Ara would talk to the employee and kindly remind them that they shouldn't do such a thing and how hazardous it can be to themselves or other students. She would ask the employee why they attempted to do this. Whatever they were doing before suggesting that they stop before someone gets hurt. If they didn't take it well and blew up on Aera, she would keep it in mind and tell an SLT member about the interaction and how they should keep an eye on the School Employee of their behavior and possibly dangerous situations involving them. She would suggest giving the employee some words on how they shouldn't do it in general and the safety concerns within those lines.

• Like 4

Characters/Accounts

MiuLols [EMS] Miyoko Imahori

DominoEffectzz [29] [Teacher] Izuke Takahara

MiuDeath [32] [Citizen] Edith Tsunawaki

MomRP [22] [Shopkeeper] Min Yang

Discord: Satan#4979