justsimba#3123

Do you have a microphone?

Yes

Timezone: 

EST [Eastern Standard Time]

Any Previous ban/warns?

Nope!

How active are you?

I’m on pretty much whenever I can be, that’s always changing Bc I’m a dual enrollment student who’s in marching band- so each week is different then the last. But I’d say I’m decently active. I’m always on Minecraft for a minimum of 2 hours each time I log on.

Why are you interested in joining EMS?

I work as EMS on another server and quite enjoy most of the EMS community and getting to RP as a surgeon. I’d enjoy getting to experience this community on another server as well.

What skills can you bring to EMS?

I can help bring experience and previous knowledge I have on surgeon/paramedic subjects as I’ve put many hours of research into topics along have RP’d doing different types of procedures in another server.

What role are you applying for? [E.g: Surgeon, Psychiatrist, Paramedic, Nurse]

Paramedic, however if I cannot have that role, Surgeon.

Are you familiar with Detailrp?

Yes, I have been Minecraft roleplying for many years, 2 of which I have heavily focused on detailrp due to another server, for the past 8 months I have been EMS on another server.

Do you acknowledge you may be demoted if caught breaking any rules or guidelines?

Yes, I fully understand and acknowledge that I may be demoted if I am caught breaking any rules or guidelines at any point.

IC Information:

Character name:

Atlas Edgeworth 

Age [Or age you wish to be 25+]: 

Current occupation:

EMS - Surgeon

Languages Spoken:

I do not yet have any languages but lore wise Atlas knows Korean, Japanese, JSL, Russian, English, and ASL. 

What is your characters outlook on team work?

Atlas has a high priority of team work, while he believes there are times the team must be serious and work- there are times he believes that it’s important to have fun and bond with his co-workers. Atlas believes having a friendship at the very least with his co-workers is important. 

What is your characters personality like?

I’m horrible at describing this but I’ll give it a shot-

Atlas tends to be a ‘cold’ blunt person to most people. However in reality Atlas you could say is a big teddy bear. He is simply a protective goofy guy who has had too many walls built up overtime. 

How does your character work under pressure?

Atlas works rather well under pressure, though but can of course sometimes stress him out, he is good at stepping back for a moment to pause whenever there is a moment before returning back to his work. Due to his previous 3 years as a surgeon in Japan, 

Background [Minimum 100 words]

This is not Atlas’ entire backstory as it is simply WAYYY too long to entirely type out so this is a simple summary. And due to this being a different server it is due to change slightly over time.

Atlas was put within an orphanage called ‘Hitori Janai Orphanage’ on the mainland of Japan at only a few weeks old. However, between the time he was born and arriving there at the orphanage, Atlas would receive a neck injury that would injure his vocal cords, leaving one cord paralyzed with a tear that would not be discovered until 18 years later. Due to this Atlas would grow up to be mute, learning JSL at a rather young age but as well as an understanding of Japanese. Atlas’ first 13 years' worth of memories would be at Hitori Janai orphanage, the often cloudy days and not much time outside. Usually sitting alone while trying to find something to occupy him, oftentimes this would be playing with a toy medical kit or finding another bandaid for another cut or scrape. Atlas grew up as one who would often have a cut or scrape somewhere on his body, and due to his lack of voice and not much knowledge or understanding of JSL, as well as Atlas’ shy demeanor, he’d often be left to find a bandage of sorts on his own. That’s where his dream of becoming a doctor began. If Atlas wasn't studying he was pretending to be some sort of doctor for himself or a random toy he could find, sometimes even being lucky and helping other children in the orphanage or around town that needed help, either being stuck up for or simply need a hug.

With Atlas’ lack of attention and socialization, he’d often sneak out of the orphanage to explore the city around it, however, one day that led him just a little too far from the orphanage. A group of HS students from Karakura would arrive on a boat near one of the docks near the orphanage, and due to Atlas’ curiosity getting the best of him.. he sneakily got on board, so as to not see the orphanage ever again.

Atlas at only age 13 would land himself in Karakura, keeping to himself due to his lack of voice and shyness. He’d end up meeting a small group of people thanks to Kiba and Niall, people who had decided to try and talk to the male, one of which luckily knew JSL. Atlas would spend the following 5 years with this group and many others joined along the way, a certain friend in the group, Blake Forrest, would be a rising medical student and would help inspire his dream of ever working in the medical field. She often read or talked to Atlas about different ways to clean or stitch a wound that she had been learning in school. However, the real inspiration would not come till he was 17. . .

There’d be a robbery, a nearby gang had taken over the territory in which the group often hung out, and they weren’t pleased with a certain few of the people within the group. Blake, due to calling KPD on the attacking gang, along with her partner would stay safe during the event however, when Atlas had left town for a few weeks, he’d return only to find Blake seconds from death. Making a promise that he continues to be inspired to do, become something in the medical field. After Blake’s death and separation from the group that had welcomed Atlas to Karakura, Atlas would spend what free time he had studying. 

During the next 7 years, Atlas would meet not only his family, new friends, and the love of his life, but he’d study wherever he could. If he wasn’t watching the younger ones, due to being the eldest, he was studying. He’d take his time from Highschool up to PhD at the community college within Karakura. There were days he questioned if he’d see the sunset or rise again, but he’d push through and strive for his passion, his promise. At age 24, 6 years after figuring out the cause of his muteness, Atlas would finally be able to get surgery which gained him his voice for the first time in 24 years. He’d spend every day either talking to himself, the speech therapist, or to others practicing to speak. While he still may have a speech impediment, he’s reached a long way.

Through Atlas’ years of being within Karakura, he has always remained one thing true, his passion to help others if they ever become hurt. Though more so on the physical side than mental. Recently after a breakthrough with emotions Atlas had been having a hard time dealing with, and much-needed time alone, Atlas was greeted with not just one great gift but 5 great things. First, Venti, who's now a reporter, had returned to Karakura after 5 years away from college. Venti helped Atlas learn with his return that it’s okay to resort to old habits as long as they are healthy. Second, Lilac returned before she was due to set off for college. Lilac was someone Atlas thought of as his little sister, coming into his life not long after he had lost the person who helped inspire his motivation to work in the medical field. Atlas would continue on from college to work at Karakura Hospital as a surgeon for 3 years before moving to Korea. Leaving the life he once knew in Japan to a new life in Korea. 

Criminal record:

Atlas has never been arrested. However when he was younger(kid/teenager) he did take part in criminal activities, this part of Atlas’ life ended at about 17. 

———————

OOC INFORMATION:

IGN:

ElmoWelmo 

Time-zone

EST [Eastern Standard Time] however my sleep schedule is wack so it’s normally not aligned with this.

If you have a discord, what is your tag? 

justsimba#3123

Do you have a working microphone?

Yes

Any bans/warnings?

Nope!

List any past/current applications.

None

What is your motivation for joining EMS?

I work as EMS on another server and quite enjoy most of the EMS community and getting to RP as a surgeon. I’d enjoy getting to experience this community on another server as well.

State the role you are applying for [Nurse, Doctor, Surgeon, Paramedic, Psychiatrist]

Surgeon

List all the departments of EMS and what they do.

Surgeon -

Surgeons carry a less broad but deeper understanding to the human anatomy than doctors, usually performing morgue services and can determine causes of death through their surgical intelligence. They work on more complex procedures and are most well known for being able to dissect and fix issues within the human anatomy, such as implants, screws, metal places, tumor removals and far more. They are often on standby to be called in during severe emergencies and regarded for their calm nature during such situations. They are the most highly trained doctors in the medical field, they take care of surgeries, extreme procedures, they are most likely dealing with critical patients that need assistance right away or are in critical condition, say in need of a kidney transplant immediately. Surgeons are often put under enormous amounts of pressure due to them performing such and more complex surgeries on a regular basis.

Paramedic - 

Health care professionals who are in charge of and are sent to provide emergency medical care in the field, treating them there or transferring them to the hospital via ambulance. Stabilizing patients until they can get further treatment if needed.

Nurse -

Nurses are very similar to doctors, they are like medical assistants, they are medical professionals who conduct physical exams, administer medication, assisting other medical professionals such as surgeons along with many other tasks that are around the hospital for the medical staff. Either that be handling paperwork, desk, administering medications and so on.

How active are you?How familiar are you with Detail/Medical RP?

I’d say I’m decently active, I’m on pretty as much as I am allowed to be as I do have a life oocly and am a dual enrollment student who is also in a marching band. So my schedule is always changing week to week if not day to day. 

As for detail/medical rp, I have been detailing my roleplay for many years now, these past 2 especially. The past 8 months however I have been EMS on another server so I’d say I’m pretty well knowledge on the medical/detail RP

Do you acknowledge that at any point you can be demoted or removed if given a valid reason? [Ex: Guidelines, Skipping Trainings, etc.)

Yes, I understand and acknowledge that I can be demoted or removed at any given point for any valid reason.

Signature:

Atlas M. Edgeworth 

IN-CHARACTER SECTION:

PART 1: Character Apprehension:

Tell us about your character; how do they look, and what makes them unique?
Atlas is a 6’3 heavily scarred male. Having dark brown hair in contrast to his light brown eyes. Atlas’s right ear would be entirely of scar tissue, leaving him almost fully deaf in that ear due to an injury he sustained. Atlas normally has a cold demeanor and front to him, but don’t let looks fool you as Atlas in reality is just a big goofy teddy bear who grew up in a town too violent for anyone. 

Explain your character’s outlook on co-workers, personality, and future life.

Atlas has a high priority of team work, while he believes there are times the team must be serious and work- there are times he believes that it’s important to have fun and bond with his co-workers. Atlas believes having a friendship at the very least with his co-workers is important. 

I’m horrible at describing this but I’ll give it a shot-

Atlas tends to be a ‘cold’ blunt person to most people. However in reality Atlas you could say is a big teddy bear. He is simply a protective goofy guy who has had too many walls built up overtime.

As for Atlas’ his outlook on his future is to simply focus on his work and spending time with his co-workers. 

Does this character have a criminal past?

Atlas has never been arrested for anything. However between the ages of 13-17 he did take part in criminal activity.

Background:

This is not Atlas’ entire backstory as it is simply WAYYY too long to entirely type out so this is a simple summary. And due to this being a different server it is due to change slightly over time.

Atlas was put within an orphanage called ‘Hitori Janai Orphanage’ on the mainland of Japan at only a few weeks old. However, between the time he was born and arriving there at the orphanage, Atlas would receive a neck injury that would injure his vocal cords, leaving one cord paralyzed with a tear that would not be discovered until 18 years later. Due to this Atlas would grow up to be mute, learning JSL at a rather young age but as well as an understanding of Japanese. Atlas’ first 13 years' worth of memories would be at Hitori Janai orphanage, the often cloudy days and not much time outside. Usually sitting alone while trying to find something to occupy him, oftentimes this would be playing with a toy medical kit or finding another bandaid for another cut or scrape. Atlas grew up as one who would often have a cut or scrape somewhere on his body, and due to his lack of voice and not much knowledge or understanding of JSL, as well as Atlas’ shy demeanor, he’d often be left to find a bandage of sorts on his own. That’s where his dream of becoming a doctor began. If Atlas wasn't studying he was pretending to be some sort of doctor for himself or a random toy he could find, sometimes even being lucky and helping other children in the orphanage or around town that needed help, either being stuck up for or simply need a hug.

With Atlas’ lack of attention and socialization, he’d often sneak out of the orphanage to explore the city around it, however, one day that led him just a little too far from the orphanage. A group of HS students from Karakura would arrive on a boat near one of the docks near the orphanage, and due to Atlas’ curiosity getting the best of him.. he sneakily got on board, so as to not see the orphanage ever again.

Atlas at only age 13 would land himself in Karakura, keeping to himself due to his lack of voice and shyness. He’d end up meeting a small group of people thanks to Kiba and Niall, people who had decided to try and talk to the male, one of which luckily knew JSL. Atlas would spend the following 5 years with this group and many others joined along the way, a certain friend in the group, Blake Forrest, would be a rising medical student and would help inspire his dream of ever working in the medical field. She often read or talked to Atlas about different ways to clean or stitch a wound that she had been learning in school. However, the real inspiration would not come till he was 17. . .

There’d be a robbery, a nearby gang had taken over the territory in which the group often hung out, and they weren’t pleased with a certain few of the people within the group. Blake, due to calling KPD on the attacking gang, along with her partner would stay safe during the event however, when Atlas had left town for a few weeks, he’d return only to find Blake seconds from death. Making a promise that he continues to be inspired to do, become something in the medical field. After Blake’s death and separation from the group that had welcomed Atlas to Karakura, Atlas would spend what free time he had studying. 

During the next 7 years, Atlas would meet not only his family, new friends, and the love of his life, but he’d study wherever he could. If he wasn’t watching the younger ones, due to being the eldest, he was studying. He’d take his time from Highschool up to PhD at the community college within Karakura. There were days he questioned if he’d see the sunset or rise again, but he’d push through and strive for his passion, his promise. At age 24, 6 years after figuring out the cause of his muteness, Atlas would finally be able to get surgery which gained him his voice for the first time in 24 years. He’d spend every day either talking to himself, the speech therapist, or to others practicing to speak. While he still may have a speech impediment, he’s reached a long way.

Through Atlas’ years of being within Karakura, he has always remained one thing true, his passion to help others if they ever become hurt. Though more so on the physical side than mental. Recently after a breakthrough with emotions Atlas had been having a hard time dealing with, and much-needed time alone, Atlas was greeted with not just one great gift but 5 great things. First, Venti, who's now a reporter, had returned to Karakura after 5 years away from college. Venti helped Atlas learn with his return that it’s okay to resort to old habits as long as they are healthy. Second, Lilac returned before she was due to set off for college. Lilac was someone Atlas thought of as his little sister, coming into his life not long after he had lost the person who helped inspire his motivation to work in the medical field. Atlas would continue on from college to work at Karakura Hospital as a surgeon for 3 years before moving to Korea. Leaving the life he once knew in Japan to a new life in Korea.

PART 2: Character Details:

Character’s Full Name:

Atlas Merlin Edgeworth 

Character’s Title: [e.g. Mrs, Mx, Mr, etc]

Mr. or Dr.

Character’s Age: [25+ -70]

Character’s Gender:

Male

Character’s Nationality:

Unknown but is believed to be Japanese 

Character’s Marital Status:

Single

PART 3: Academic Details:

Working Experience(s):

Surgeon - Karakura Emergency Hospital: 3 years icly

Years of Residency:

2 years

Academic Degree:

PhD

Major (s):

Emergency Medicine and Marine Biology 

Minor (s):

Art & Music

Oath:

As a physician of Seoul, you pledge to practice medicine with humility, honesty, compassion, and integrity. You will provide the best care to the citizens of Seoul, refraining from judgment, the patient’s past, or your own beliefs. 

Signature:

Atlas M. Edgeworth

• Like 1