heyitsgwendy

Discord [ex. Peanut#4270]:

heyitsgwendy#0154

Time zone:

CET (GMT+1)

Any previous bans/warns?

Nope!

Describe your current level of activity on the server:

The server isn't accessible right now, but once it is open I should be able to be online for at least an hour daily, barring unforeseen IRL issues. 

Do you have access to a microphone?

Yes

Do you have any previous experience with police work?

No, but I can learn quickly. 

Do you have any experience with CombatRP?

Not on this particular server, but I’ve read all the rules regarding it, and I’m sure I’ll pick it up quickly once the server opens. 

What motivates you to apply for SPD?

I've spent quite a bit of time in CriminalRP factions on other servers, but I’ve never actually gotten the chance to see what it’s like being on the opposite side of the law. So, my main motivation is that I’d like be able to experience a different side of RP. 

IC information:

Character name:

Megumi Nakamura

Character age:

Nationality:

Japanese

Preferred pronouns:

She/Her

What motivates your character to join the force?

Growing up, Megumi always wanted to help people, in whatever way possible. She joined the student council at her high school in Hokkaido as soon as she was able, as well as a multitude of other clubs related to volunteering and/or service. Once she graduated high school, she moved to a local college as soon as possible to start on her Bachelor’s degree, and continued to participate in as many activities as she could that involved helping people. Upon receiving her Bachelor’s degree in Biology, she realized that she had outgrown her tiny hometown in Hokkaido, and she was in need of a change of surroundings, which ended up bringing her to Seoul, South Korea. Once in Seoul, she saw an advertisement for the Seoul Police Force, and decided that working as a police officer would be a good way to help a significant amount of people. And that brings us to today!

Is your character familiar with self-defense?

She is, she learned self-defense from her mother growing up, and actually taught self-defense classes for her town back when she lived in Hokkaido. 

How well does your character work with others?

Megumi generally has strong interpersonal communication skills, though she is introverted so she does prefer to be on her own if at all possible. That being said, she is more than willing to set aside her personal preferences if it’s needed of her for the good of the team.

Is your character independent or a team player?

Megumi generally prefers to work independently, but she is aware that certain situations necessitate teamwork, so she is willing to put her personal preferences aside if necessary. 

What makes your character unique?

The main thing that sets Megumi apart from others is her desire to help people. Almost her entire life has revolved around her desire to help others, whether that be through helping them with immediate issues, or helping them with issues that are more of a problem in the long-term. She has spent almost her entire academic career participating in clubs and school activities where she could do volunteering.

Along with her desire to help people, she also is a genuinely kind person, and enjoys being able to share happiness with others. 

Backstory [100+ words]

Megumi Nakamura was born to Haruki and Katsumi Nakamura in Nakafurano, Hokkaido on December 21st, 1996. Only a few days after she was born, as her parents were driving her home from the hospital, her father lost control of their car as they drove over a patch of ice on the road, and their car swerved off the road and flipped into a ditch. Both of her parents were killed, but by some miracle, Megumi, despite being only a few days old, managed to survive the wreck, and was adopted by her aunt, Anastasia, and her uncle, Harumi, her father's brother. She grew up in the town where she was born, along with her adoptive siblings, Ivan, Hana, and Hina Nakamura. Nakafurano was a farming town, and she helped her family with running their farm from a young age, with the physical work required to run a farm making her strong from a young age. 

Growing up, Megumi always had a strong conviction for helping people, and providing assistance wherever possible so that others could live their best lives. She chose to pursue this conviction through mostly clubs and activities at her high school and college that involved helping people, though she did also partake in some activities outside of her schools, like hosting self-defense classes in her hometown, for example. Following her graduation from college and acquisition of her Bachelor’s degree, Megumi realized that it was time for a change of surroundings, and moved to Seoul, South Korea. What will she do now that she’s here? Only time will tell. 

Level of education [Associates, Bachelors, Masters, etc.]

Bachelor’s of Science in Biology

Scenarios:

If charged by an armed delinquent, how should you react?

If charged by an armed delinquent, your first priority should be making sure all of your vital points are properly guarded, as you can’t deal with the delinquent or protect anyone else if you yourself are taken out. Your next priority should be telling any civilians in the area to evacuate, then radioing in your location and situation, if possible. Once you have completed all of those, you may turn your focus to the delinquent, and attempt to disable/prevent them from being able to hurt anyone. This could be done through a number of means, whether it be by using your taser, using your baton on their mid-thigh to get them to the ground, or on their biceps/quadriceps to force them to drop their weapon. As soon as the delinquent is unarmed and unable to hurt anyone, cuff them and detain them for questioning. 

While you are at the station, another officer sends out a distress signal. What do you do?

First, check to see if there are any other officers at the station, and if there are, bring them with me. Then, see if the officer who sent out the signal is able to provide any more information about the situation so we can be better prepared. Once we have obtained as much information as possible, head out quickly to the location of the officer, and provide assistance with whatever caused them to send the signal out. 

You are surrounded by several armed individuals; how do you react?

First, radio in my location and situation, if possible. Then, I’d look around for a possible exit, or weak point that I can escape from. If I am able to find one, I would use that exit/weak point to make my escape, making note of the location, number of people, and any weapons they have as I go, so that when back-up arrives they can be better prepared. If I am unable to find a weak point or possible exit, I would try to make one by either tasing or otherwise knocking down one of the people surrounding me, so that I can get out. There’s no sense in taking on a fight that you can’t possibly win, so it’s better to retreat and wait for back-up to arrive. 

You believe a higher up officer is abusing their power, what do you do?

I would first see if I can gather any concrete evidence that they are actually abusing their power, because accusing them of something major like that without proof would only cause discord within the force. If I can gather evidence of their actions, I would go to their higher-up, and present the evidence I had found along with my belief that they are abusing their power. From there, it would be in the hands of the higher-ups to decide what to do about it. 

Edited by heyitsgwendy
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...